Thursday, February 21, 2008

The New Guy

你好, Namaste, and Hello world.

My name is Curtis, a brand new contributor to this blog! Big ups to Randhir and Arthi for keeping it alive for long enough for me to join in on the fun.

Who I am:
I am in the FT2007 class and plan to graduate in Winter of 2009. I am a Chinese Californian born into the suburbs of Stockton, CA. I went to school at UC San Diego for my undergrad and started my "professional" life in the San Francisco bay area where I worked in the educational field. My life was turned upside down in 2005 when I decided to move to Beijing for a little while. Since then, my travels around Asia have reached out to India, Russia, Korea, Mongolia, Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand, and plans for more in the very near future. The official reason why I came to HKUST was because Hong Kong plays such a big business role in this region. The unofficial version is that I wanted to be closer to Cantonese food!

What I bring to the table:
1) Some experience living in China
2) Native to the US
3) Experience living in the shared rooms on campus
4) The pleasure of serving my class as the MBA Association President
5) Member of the HK American Chamber of Commerce
6) Pictures(1 picture per post is usually my rule)
7) A history of blogging(www.djloo.com)

It is a pleasure to meet you all and I look forward to any comments or questions that might come about!

Curtis

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome buddy!!! Looking forward to a lot of posts from you.

Unknown said...

Hi Curtis,

My profile is a little similar to yours as I'm an ABC and love to pursue a career in Asia seeing that China will be the dominant power over the next few decades. Though I currently work in IT Support, what kind of advice can you give me for a successful application to HKUST MBA? I was thinking of heading down the road of project management and hopefully start my own business eventually. I went to Berkeley where I majored in Economics, got average grades at best, and have worked for 5 years. Thanks!