Saturday, September 15, 2007

The journey beyond

The Journey BeyondPG Hall 2 - I must say, this hall is one helluva a place…. We have 300 students sharing common facilities on each floor, Bunker beds, Hot water… u cant imagine how well organized this whole place is. All my stuff and my room mates fits in the provisions that are made. Its jus amazing….. compact. Our campus… It's the heights of beauty, surrounded by mountains, a sea, trees and our buildings are jus lost in solitude. The best scenes are actually from everywhere…. The mountain kissing the mist, the breeze , the moon against the sea, the huge academic buildings, the heights, the roads to class and the foggy mornings… Oh man who ever thought one can study here…This is an ideal resort spot. On the weekends we see the wealthy bring out their color full sails and I brim with envy. I donno how the days have passed, we to community eating and cooking. All the Indians normally cook together. It fun but im sure it will change as class starts. The chinese try our food :) i dont wanna comment on this. Its weird even b4 I realize I am off for my 3 Day Residential program. The hotel is jus fantastic, the rooms are huge, overlooking the airport on one side and the beautiful swimming pool on the other. I am sooo overwhelmed, the entire experience is thrilling. The showers are sexy and inviting : ) the bed is sooo cozy ( compared to the hostel) but Yes I am single here and wid no time to enjoy all this ---- cuz…I spend the whole day attended lectures, doing case analysis till 3 am… fixing crashing power points and the whole mess, running to food chains, shopping stores, observing staff, customers, service issues everything I dint do in BBM :). Food seems to be the biggest challenges the MBA Office is facing with 3 Indian Jains : ( Unfortunately we seem to be demanding quite a bit from them, soon we realize its not worth it cuz we hardly eat, so MTR rules here :) If you think 3 days were not enuf think again, cuz now we head to the 2 day Experiential Learning Program. We head to this resort, the sun is scorching and every one of us is dripping in sweat – n its jus 8 am. We use loads of sun block, especially the Indians, Especially ME … and participate in various team building activities – Passing through manually created spiderwebs, walking on Wooden blocks, Artificial Boat races, get co- ordinate, feeling the Sync and team efforts were priority. By noon we are panting and need food…poor veggies, jus get boiled spinach & Broccoli and rice : ( Yes it's a misery if you are veg. Yes I was fond of Broccoli back in blore, but no more huh…Ive had this as staple food for 20 days now : ( And then we discuss all the challenges we faced and how to over come them and Blah blah. Cant wait to get back to the hotel, its 10 p.m. Take a quick shower and go to bed.
Next morning we are back at 7 am…this time another resort, but the things around scare the crap out of me. Yes, I did bunjy jump, but this was hysterical. We had to work as teams on heights, Like protect ur self and ur partner, if he falls u fall too.. n if he doesn help u, u cant go higher : ) We had about 5 of these and I could complete 3. Flying Fox – U jump off a harness from 50 ft, and if your team below lets go, u crash : ) Well no accidents but brilliant experience!!! We now head back to University, its all back to reality. Get to my room and quickly pack my stuff – I am moving to a single room. The whole class is in the expensive hostel and I cant wait to get there. Shift in and settle my room. Its quite dirty but the good thing is someone left a good 40 hours of AC so its Freeee!!! I unpack and clean and arrange everything, Ya ya I am still extremely neat : ) will send u pictures to verify. I am now on the 5th floor a good view, but the wall is close to the shower, so I can hear the water most of the time. But hell, once u live in India wid all the traffic noise this is NOTHING : ) I do my Laundry- did I jus say that, well I hate doing laundry, Its annoying, time consuming. U 1 st wash, then u dry – I did it jus once since I got here, I hate it so much. Then I tour the campus at nite, pass the Uni bar – oh ya we do : ) and the sea…go into a prohibited area…I realize I have so much to go to yet – the Basket ball court, the gym, the pool, the racing track…I am gonna be so busy!!! The next day we start our orientation and the lectures begin. My eyes are closing, and tummy growling. The lectures go on, and I cant wait to start working again : )

No comments: